The Network Bridge on Device VMnet0 is Temporarily down is an error that can create irritation to IT Professionals like me. I am writing and assuming that you are a Windows PC Users (Any Level) and hopefully this will be helpful you as well. The most frustration in this Error happens when you check that all the settings are great and correct but till this Error is there.
The Network Bridge on Device VMnet0 is Temporarily down
The Network Bridge on Device VMnet0 is Temporarily down because the Bridge Ethernet Interface is down. I have attached below image for your reference to confirm that, this is the exactly or almost error happening on your computer.
There can be number of possible way to solve this issue and some of best practices that I have ever used to solve this problem are as mentioned below;
- Go to your host (Where VMware Product is installed in Windows).
- Select computer’s NIC Property (as below image) check there and verify that the "VMware Bridge Protocol" appear in the list?
- is it checked? Check it if not, and if it's missing try to add it by clicking on Install > Services in NIC Property Windows.
- Go to VMware Installation location and then VMware Workstation/Player (in my case) folder and point to vmbridge.inf, edit it in notepad etc. and verify below settings;
[Strings] CompanyName = "VMware, Inc." VMware_Desc = "VMware Bridge Protocol" VMware_HelpText = "Gives virtual machines access to physical networks." DiskDescription = "VMware install disk" REG_DWORD = 0x10001
Final Solution:This is funny but believe me, this is a more than successful solution and IT expert tried.
- Re-Install VMware Workstation, Yes re-install it but when you re-install it, do at least one word change in installation path :)