It is quite easy, if you have only this requirement, because WordPress CMS, which is off course a powerful CMS, provide this functionality without any extra ordinary WordPress development requirements. It’s really straight forward as under to remove category from WordPress.
In this example, I have a URL before like this: http://rizwanranjha.com/category/wordpress and I need to remove category from this URL and need to create a URL like this: http://rizwanranjha.com/wordpress , let’s do this as under;
Remove category from WordPress website URLTo remove category from WordPress website URL, you need to login on your WordPress website and on Dashboard, just do as under step by step;
- Login on your WordPress Admin with your Administration Account.
- In Dashboard Section, Click on the Settings Menu.
- Click on Permalink under Settings Menu and this will take you the Permalink Settings page.
- Click on Custom Structure and type "/%category%/%postname%
- Move to “Category Base” Text box and type a simple dot ( . ) in the box.
- Click on Save Changes and Check with your Blog.