I know, I am writing about the thing that is a lot over the internet but today in my Good Morning to my Desk, I tried to ping of host in my network and I just got this message and I faced this issue on Windows XP, Windows 7 and now on Windows 8 and on Servers Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008/R2 as well and the solution also work for me on these Operating Systems. Well the message was;
'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Solution 1 (Easy):
- Start > RUN Type
- Open Control Panel » System » Advanced » Environment Variables
- Right Click on My computer
- Go to Properties
- Go to Advanced system settings (on Windows 7 / 8)
- Environment Variables
- Select 'PATH' from the list of system variables and edit
- set PATH to c:\windows\system32 ;
- Open CMD and enter SET command and check the output, there you can check if c:\windows\system32 is included in the PATH entry.
- set PATH=%PATH%; c:\windows\system32;
- Hope this will solve your problem, I mostly fix the issue on GUI but I tried one or two time command line as well. If it help you, please comes up with comments.